I Had A “Monday”!


For those who know me, you are aware that I don’t have “Mondays” like most people. No, I have “Sundays” instead. For years now, Sundays have been the day of my week when things went wrong, I feel sluggish, I fumble a lot, things around me fall, etc. But today I actually experienced a “Monday” and I didn’t like it at all.

It began with a case of insomnia preventing me from falling asleep until after 3am. My legs were achy (nothing new) but the main problem was I couldn’t get my mind to settle down. I eventually drifted off into a restless sleep until the alarm began sounding at 6.30am. And I had to get up. I had to take my daughter to an orthodontist appointment.

I struggled hard to get coherent enough to get dressed and set off for the bus stop. The cold wind did nothing to help wake me. If anything it made me sleepier. Naturally the bus was running late but no worries. Thanks to the schedule we were due to arrive with a spare 30 minutes.

Then we hit traffic. Great! My daughter was already nervous about getting braces and now she started worrying about being late. As we slowly carried on, I began to get worried as well. There is a 10-15 minute walk from where we get off the bus and I can only push myself so far with my leg issues. I was out of breath and in pain when we finally arrived. Guess what? They still hadn’t opened their doors! About 5 minutes later they let us in, we register then sat down to wait to be called. The x-ray went fine but she didn’t get her braces. It seems she has been neglecting to brush her teeth recently. So we get to go through this fun all over again in 4 weeks.

Of course by the time we got back to the bus stop, we’d just missed our bus home. An hour to kill and she was furious with herself. Not good company at all. We got a drink each and a couple of vegetable samosas from a newsagent I usually stop in when I go into the city centre. We meandered through shops, she gradually let go of her anger then made our way back to the stop.

She got off the bus at school and I carried on. I was so tired and in pain, I wanted to go straight home. Sadly I couldn’t as I needed to fill a prescription in the village. I practically stumbled the entire way home (1/2 a mile from the village). I was a worried someone would see me and think me drunk. My legs hurt and felt wobbly so I didn’t have proper control over their movements. But I made it home then collapsed on the couch. I have remained here for the most part ever since.

On the plus side, while waiting for my prescription to be filled, I popped into my favourite charity shop. I undercovered 15 Agatha Christie books for just 10p each! I also picked up 3 hardback volumes containing 3 Christie novels each for just £2.50 in total! So 24 Agathas for just £4! WooHoo!

So I had a “Monday”, it wasn’t all bad though I didn’t like it much but I survived.

Psaryce x

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s